Sunday, October 20, 2013

Yogurt Parfait

Mid afternoon after having a veggie round for lunch I was getting hungry.  I wanted a protein packed snack with a little something sweet.  I decided to whip up something I have on a regular basis...a yogurt parfait. 
Since I'm restricting my refined sugar intake I used plain Greek yogurt, but vanilla would also be good.  I also happen to have a big jar of raw honey that I've been devouring. :)  The walnuts give a nice crunch and add healthy fat and protein.

Doesn't that look Yummy?!  And there's no guilt because it's loaded with good things and void of refined sugar.

This is not really a recipe and I didn't measure my ingredients, but I have put together a recipe for you so I could include the nutritional information.  

Yogurt Parfait

1 C. plain or vanilla Greek yogurt  
1 1/2 Tbsp. raw honey
1 Tbsp. walnut pieces

Layer ingredients in a single serve dish and enjoy!

Nutritional information using plain 2% Greek Yogurt

Calories - 301
Fat - 9 g
Saturated fat - 3 g
Protein - 24 g
Carbs - 35 g
Sugars - 33 g 
(all sugar is natural if using plain yogurt and raw honey)

If you are unsure about what brand of yogurt is healthy I will tell you this...I switched to FAGE not too long ago.  The only ingredients in their plain Greek yogurt is milk, cream and live active cultures.  If you get 0% fat there is no cream.  There is no preservatives, no gelling agents, no anything else and for me that's a plus!  If you only do organic I can't say that I've seen it in that brand.

Don't give up on a real recipe.  It's coming. :)     


No comments:

Post a Comment