Sunday, October 20, 2013

Light Lunch Veggie Round

This is not what I had planned for my first food post.  It's not a recipe, but rather something I threw together with what I had on hand for a quick and light lunch.    Substitute with whatever ingredients you have on hand.

I used a whole wheat sandwich round.  In place of using mayo or a sandwich spread I used a garlic and herb cheese wedge by The Laughing Cow.  I have also used plain cream cheese and it is good, too.  For my veggies I used avocado, alfalfa sprouts, cucumber and tomato.  

What makes this sandwich for me is the combination of cheese and avocado.  I like to leave the avocado chunky rather than blending it smooth.

Add whatever seasoning you like.  Since I used garlic and herb cheese I only added some fresh ground black pepper to mine.  If using plain cream cheese I might add a dash of salt and a sprinkle of garlic powder.

Keep topping with veggies until it's to your liking.

This is what I consider a light lunch.  By adding avocado you are getting healthy fat and the whole wheat sandwich round has fiber.  Both of which will help to fill you up along with all the veggies.  I added a side of strawberries and on most days I would have a bowl of Greek yogurt to top it off.

A true recipe coming soon!



1 comment:

  1. This looks really good Lisa! I love alfalfa sprouts, but my lupus doesn't. So I would leave those off, but the rest of the ingredients look so good on that wheat round. Which is my bread of choice!

    ReplyDelete