Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Fruity Greek Yogurt Shake

I admit that I love ice cream.  Who can resist all that sweet & creamy goodness?  Since I'm trying to cut back on processed sugar, I needed to come up with a healthier alternative that would satisfy my craving for ice cream.  

This shake does the trick and it contains no processed sugar.  It's super quick & easy to make, too!

You can even add a pretty garnish if you like. 

It's easy to customize to suit your taste.  For this one I did mostly peaches with a few strawberries making it a peach berry shake.  I've also made it with all strawberries and it was equally as good.

Fruity Greek Yogurt Shake
Serves 2

1/2 C. milk of choice
3/4 C. plain Greek Yogurt
6 fresh strawberries
16 oz bag frozen peaches
1 Tbsp. + 1 Tbsp. raw honey -
(if not making garnish you do not need to divide it).

To make garnish blend strawberries and 1 Tbsp. honey in a high powered blender, to make a puree.  Spoon out 1 Tbsp. mixture and set aside.  To remaining strawberries add milk, Greek yogurt and the other Tbsp. honey.  Blend until mixture is blended.  Then gradually add frozen peaches (make sure they are frozen when you add them) and keep blending until it becomes a frothy and creamy shake.  Divide into 2 tall glasses and garnish with strawberry mixture and an extra drizzle of honey if desired.

Did you know... if you drizzle honey on something cold it turns into the most amazing ooey gooey deliciousness, ever!  I grew up eating honey sundaes and they are ever bit as good as hot caramel or fudge.  So the next time you're craving an ooey gooey sweet sundae... try topping it with raw honey instead.    



2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious. Ice Cream is my weak spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man this looks delicious Lisa! I love ice cream too, especially in the summer time, so I will have to give this a try for sure. Right now I have fresh strawberries coming in and I will buy some frozen peaches. Oh my you almost make me want to run out to the store to buy the stuff to make this and it is 9:30 at night!! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete