Monday, November 18, 2013

Quick & Easy Sweet Potato Fries

Yesterday I was in need of a late afternoon snack.  I wanted something more substantial than a cup of yogurt and fruit or a handful of nuts.  I wanted something warm and comforting, so I whipped up a pan of my sweet potato fries.

Here's my trick for making them quick and easy... I wash and pierce them with a fork and cook them in the microwave until almost done.  Be careful not to cook too long or they will fall apart when you cut into fries.  For one small potato I bake about 3 or 4 minutes turning potato over half way through.  Times will vary depending on your microwave.  Not only does using the microwave speed up cooking time, it's also much easier to cut an almost done sweet potato rather than a raw one.  When cool enough to handle cut in to fries.  Then I prefer to fry mine in a skillet, but you could brush with oil and bake them.  I fry in a heaping tablespoon of coconut oil to keep them healthy.  Brown them on all sides until completely tender (if not already) on the inside and crispy on the outside.

I prefer to eat them plain, but you sure could spice them up with your favorite seasonings.  Make them savory, sweet or sweet & spicy.


1 comment:

  1. These look so good Lisa! I love anything sweet potato! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete