Saturday, May 3, 2014

Raw Cashew Shake

This has got to be one of my favorite shakes!  I love the frothy texture and it has a wonderful spicy flavor.  To me it is reminiscent of eggnog.  Now that I say that I must experiment in making a raw cashew eggnog shake...yum!

If you search out the ingredients in this shake you will see what a powerhouse of nutrition you are getting.

Raw Cashew Shake

1 C. Milk of choice
1/2 C. soaked raw cashews *see note at bottom
1 banana
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. turmeric
ice

Mix all ingredients in a high powered blender.  Add enough ice to achieve desired consistency.

* Soaking cashews - place cashews in a bowl and cover with water.  Let stand at room temperature for at least 4 hours and up to 7 hours.  Drain any remaining water and rinse.  Measure out and add to recipe.  Store any leftover cashews in the fridge.




2 comments:

  1. This shake sounds interesting Lisa. Where do you get your raw cashews from?? I've never heard or seen them in the store before. Sure looks good in the picture!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda! I get my raw cashews from Whole Foods. I've never seen them at WM or any of our local grocery stores. I'm addicted to this shake at the moment. It taste Amazing and I feel good knowing it's so nutritious. I hope you will give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete